Now I can sleep better at night……
Kind of makes you glad you don’t live in Vegas, doesn’t it? What will they do without these silly diversions from the disaster that big government is.
Might better ban the candidates, heh heh. At least that would be something positive.
Protesters of a statewide ban to keep people dressed as chickens from coming closer than 100 feet to polling places are crying “fowl.”
It seems Secretary of State Ross Miller’s ban did not stop some peeps from flocking to vote Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
1. Former county Republican Party treasurer again found guilty of murder
2. Michelle Obama brings Let’s Move to Las Vegas
3. Police investigate officer who struck suspect for spitting
4. Ban on chicken suits at polls still stands
5. Couple get 20-year prison terms in sex abuse case
6. Teen killed in North Las Vegas
7. Jazz band ends Gold Coast run
8. Judge adds more prison time to killer’s sentences
9. Lawmaker’s call to woman sparks call for resignation
10. Grandmother: Teen killed by gang members
“Anyone else tired of chickens?” Miller tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Clad in a bright yellow chicken suit, Michael Ginsburg voted at the Rainbow Library despite the ban, claiming the debate has transformed into a free speech issue rather than a jab at any one particular candidate.
“The concern is they could ban something else,” said Ginsburg, an at-large board member for the Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada. “I understand the chicken outfit has become synonymous with a certain campaign, which we weren’t actually discussing or out in opposition to. This really just interferes with someone’s First Amendment rights.”